Thursday 19 July 2012

"Fartlek", 14.5km

"Fartlek", 14.5km13 min warm-up, 100m 200m 300m, 1km, 2km, 500m, 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m, 600m (!!), dynamic sretches and brisk home.

Really wonderful run, can't remember all the details actually. Set off with lots of wondering about my new trail shoes (Salomons). WOW. I feel like I have been trying to cycle offroad on a roadbike. Suddenly: dry feet (it was raining), terrific stability and grip, could bomb it along on uneven terrain and not worry. Why didn't I do this before!

Was also good to finish strong again. I was a bit tired but I can start to sense my body after 2 1/2 weeks of specific (and for me, intensive) training. It feels just perfect to now have a couple of easier sessions over the next two days before the long one on Sunday.

Was also really good to kick off in prayer, praying to the Father to thank him for today's conditions and the ability to run. There will be other days when I won't be able to run "but today is not that day"! Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really appreciate the interaction - thank you for your feedback.